Contact: Jamie Berardi, RN 584-7460 ext.8366
The Public Health Nurse:
- Provides PPD skin test screening and follow-up treatment as directed by physician.
- Increases patient's knowledge of T.B. infection, disease and treatment.
- Provides education and information to patients, families and health care providers in the community.
- Urges early examination of contacts.
- Give emotional support to patient and family.
- Organizes and assists at T.B. Clinic one time a month to provide teaching and physician consultation.
- Tuberculin Skin Testing (TST) is provided Monday and Tuesday at the Public Health Office from 8:15-9:30 a.m. ($10 charge).
There is currently a nationwide shortage of Tubersol and Aplisol (PPD Solutions). The NYSDOH has issued a Health Advisory with guidance to manage this shortage. Saratoga County Public Health supports this guidance and will be testing accordingly. Saratoga County Residents may come to our office on Monday's and Tuesday's between 8:15 and 9:30am for a TB Symptom Screen. If this screen indicates the need for a PPD, we will place one for you. If not, you will be given a copy of your completed Symptom Screen, and a copy of the Health Advisory. When the shortage resolves, we will resume PPD skin testing, as established.
This is a walk-in clinic. Screens will be done on a first come, first serve basis. There is no charge for the Symptom Screen. If we place a PPD, you will be charged $10.00. Cash or check only.
For more information, click here to view and download the Tuberculosis Brochure or click on on the "Downloads" link below.
» Back to Department page