Home Health Care Services
Contact: Erin Murray - 584-7460 ext. 8348 or Patricia Girard - 584-7460 ext. 8343
Saratoga County Public Health is certified by the US Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and the New York State Department of Health as a Home Health Agency. Services are provided in the patient's place of residence under the supervision of the patient's physician. Services are provided 7 days a week with 24 hour nurse/home health aide availability.
Services available are:
- Nursing: Visits by a registered nurse to provide care and teaching to patient and family as ordered by a physician.
- Home Health Aides: Assistance with personal care, exercises, and meal preparation under the supervision of a nurse or therapist.
- Physical Therapy: Assistance and Instruction in exercise programs to increase mobility and strength; instruction in use assistive devices.
- Occupational Therapy: Training and instruction in activities of daily living and use of adaptive equipment.
- Speech Therapy: Evaluation and treatment of speech and language disorders.
- Nutritionist: Nutritional evaluation and diet teaching.
- Medical Social Worker: Counseling and support for patients and families for social, financial, and illness related issues.
» Back to Department page