Maternal & Child Health
Contact: Priscilla Wheeler, 584-7460 ext. 8361
The Public Health Nurse visits:
Expectant Mothers to:
- Encourage obstetrical follow-up
- Increase mothers knowledge of pregnancy, labor, delivery and post-partum period.
- Report unusual observation to the motherís physician.
- Discuss all aspects of infant feeding and care.
- Provide skilled nursing visits to high-risk pregnant women.
Mothers and Babies to:
- Teach/orient mothers to breast-feeding, or formula preparation
- Encourage follow-up with Pediatrician.
- Assess infants general health, growth and development.
- Answer questions regarding infant care.
- Provide information on community services which are available, and informational guidelines on preventative health care.
- Teach and encourage recommended immunization of infants and children.
For more information, click here to view and download the†Maternal and Child Health†Brochure or click on on the "Downloads" link below.
» Back to Department page